JULIE B. ROSS
Julie is a partner of Ross | Gannaway | Clifton, PLLC. She represents employers and management in both the public and private sector. She is currently admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts in the Northern and Western Districts of Texas, the Eastern District of Virginia, as well as the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. She is licensed to practice law in both Texas and Virginia and is a former Certified Public Accountant.
Julie’s practice emphasizes the following:
- All aspects of employment law, including counseling employers on interviewing, hiring, disciplining, and terminating employees; drafting personnel policies and procedures, employment contracts, and noncompetition agreements; assisting employers with wage and hour, overtime and other compensation issues, all in an effort to help clients avoid employment litigation and/or minimize liability.
- Assists clients on FMLA issues.
- Assists clients before administrative agencies against claims such as wrongful discharge, breach of contract, employment discrimination and harassment under Title VII, ADA, ADEA, and other employment statutes, unpaid overtime and other wage and hour issues, workers’ compensation retaliation, privacy violations and other workplace torts, and whistleblower protection.
- Training in all areas of employment law, including sexual and other unlawful harassment, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, documenting and discipline, and effective employment practices.
- Investigation of employee complaints.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Employment Law
- J.D., with honors, Texas Tech University, 1986, Member of the Law Review
- B.B.A. Accounting, University of Texas, 1981
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- FWHR Board Member
Any information you obtain from this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your specific situation. Questions or comments concerning this site may be addressed to Info@RossGannaway.Law. Please note that contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until an attorney-client relationship has been established.