ATTORNEY AT LAW
Julia Gannaway is a partner of Ross | Gannaway | Clifton, PLLC. She worked previously in the City Attorneys’ offices of two different cities: Bryan and Odessa, and possesses a management-oriented perspective when addressing the unique issues that arise when working for the client that is a governmental entity. Her area of practice focuses primarily on advising and defending public sector employers and includes:
- Advising and representing management clients in the private and public sector in all aspects of labor and employment law, such as Title VII, FLSA, USERRA, ADA, ADAAA, ADEA, FMLA, and the Texas Whistleblower Act.
- Counsel clients regarding personnel policies and practices, termination, discipline, unemployment compensation, privacy issues, workplace torts, National Labor Relations Board elections, and negotiations.
- Providing training and directing investigations into allegations of workplace misconduct.
Julia works closely with numerous public sector clients, including police and fire administrators on matters relating to Chapter 143, Texas Municipal Civil Service, and she represents department heads in disciplinary hearings before civil service commissions and third-party hearing examiners. Julia also counsels clients on day-to-day issues as they arise, including drafting ordinances and resolutions for governmental entities. She also advises public sector clients on the Texas Public Information Act (the “Open Records Act”) and the Open Meetings Act.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Municipal Civil Service Law
- Municipal Law
- Employment Law
- JD, University of Houston, Law Center
- BA in Arts & Economics, Texas A&M
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas Bar College
- Texas City Attorneys’ Association
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Haskell National Bank-Board Member
Any information you obtain from this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your specific situation. Questions or comments concerning this site may be addressed to Info@RossGannaway.Law. Please note that contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until an attorney-client relationship has been established.
Address: 1121 S. Carroll Avenue, Suite 240
Southlake, Texas 76092